Timeless Classic Spaghetti and Spicy Hot Meat Sauce



Gadgets and cooking needs:Stirring spoon, Non-stick saute or frying pan, Medium sized Deep pot
Sauce pot / Drainer
Servings 2
Ingredients:
  • Newman's Own tomato sauce, choose your combination and share it here!  For this rustic flavor I used Classic Marinara.  4 cups serves 2 and a bit extra
  • Ground beef  1 cup per person, using the leanest meat you can find. I used 2 cups
  • Pasta- I use 1/3 package for 2 people I recommend whole grain pasta from Barilla
  • Onions-diced or kept in very fine rounds 1 cup
  • Garlic- powder for garlic bread and ground is recommended for beef (6 cloves)
  • Oregano-To taste
  • Basil and Parsley-to taste ( I pile this on for added nutritional power 3tbs. all together)
  • Cayenne Pepper- a little goes a long way 1/2 teaspoon per cup of ground beef
  • Olive Oil 2tablespoons
Heat a Saute or non-stick frying pan with 1/2 water and bring to a simmer at Medium high. Add all of the herbs to the ground beef: Garlic, Oregano, Basil and or parsley, Cayenne Pepper, and marry all of the flavors together, mixing it in a bowl.  Add the beef to the simmering pan and stir frequently in water to soften meat.

Meanwhile start adding the water into the deep pot for the pasta following the instructions on the package with your serving size. I usually fill it up a little below 3/4 of the way and allow it to boil which will make it easier for the pasta to not stick to the sides. Add some of the garlic to the water, and your favorite herbs as well ( I added a little bit of everything here) Add pasta after the water boils and cook for about 11 minutes making is soft but firm. The aromatic flavors will be picked up into the pasta. Don't forget your favorite Parmesan Cheese and Garlic bread!

The watery substance in the beef should have now evaporated, (no need to drain) and if not, allow the beef to take in back the juices, add onions and turn mixture into a toasty brown color. Add tomato sauce and stir leisurely. Your kitchen will smell like home.  Drain Pasta, serve and add meaty tomato sauce. I like to add more cayenne pepper and Parmesan Cheese throughout. Manja! Manja!



Classic Spaghetti and Spicy Hot Meat Sauce

Something about the birds chirping and it still being chilly out that made feel in the mood for something warm and classic like this popular dish. So many fancy varieties, I just wanted to make it delicious, warm to my stomach and retro simple. Did you find your favorite gluten free brands? Kudos for taking that healthy step. Sometimes I will also go for whole wheat when gluten free isn't readily available from Barilla. Adding some cayenne pepper will kick up your metabolism from this otherwise guilty pleasure. Again I use no salt and I let the ingredients do the talking.
Not all tomato sauce is the same. I can recommend what I'm using right now is Newman's Own, I prefer to add my own beef to the dish so I am going for Classic Marinara. Very from the farm taste to it, and great ingredients too!



Comments

Popular Posts