Butter Brown Sugar and Sweet Maple Salmon

Gadgets and Cooling needs: Oven with Broiler (baking pan or glass), or on stove top/(Frying or saute pan), Spatula
Ingredients:  Serves one
  • Salmon frozen or fresh 1 or 2 pieces as shown above for one serving
  • 5 tablespoon of "I can't believe it's not butter"
  • 1/2 cup All natural Maple Syrup not pancake syrup
  • 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
  • 1 clove of fresh ground garlic


Method:
Marinate the Salmon with crushed ground garlic and add 3 tablespoons of Maple syrup for a few hours for added flavoring. If you don't have time, simply coat with garlic and coat with the brown sugar either way right before your about to cook the fish. Heat the pan to medium low, or if your using the oven heat it up to 400 degrees. Add 3 tablespoons of the butter on the pan and start to cook the salmon. On the pan it should be about 5-10 min on each side depending on how crispy you want it, always checking the inside to make sure it is completely cooked all the way. In the oven it would be 20 minutes. Make sure to add the rest of the butter while it's cooking until you have a sweet butter and maple syrup gravy you can use for your mashed potatoes.  You will appreciate this easy to make no fuss little mess dish that will entice your entire family to eat fish. Great change for the holidays and a favorite Fall staple in any home. Enjoy!




After trying a bite of it in Red Lobster my hubby claims this is the only fish that he will try to eat at home if I prepare it exactly as is, and it was so simple I decided it was a win win deal. I marinated the Salmon in fresh ground garlic and sweet maple for a few hours, to give it more flavor; as I felt it did need a kick, and cooked it with "I can't believe it's not butter" I never use real butter in any of my recipes and I have found it to work out even better for me. Purchase all natural Maple Syrup not pancake syrup; Pancake maple syrup only has maple syrup flavoring and the rest is corn syrup. You should be able to find it in the same aisle however. I prefer to serve it with mashed potatoes and add some steamed veggies so you can dip it in the sweet sauce. This is for sure a great recipe to put your family on to fish for good! Finally, he eats fish!




Comments

Popular Posts