Zest and Flavor without Pure Salt


Click on image to view larger
 
 
 
 





 
 
Q: Why don't I find pure salt in any of your main dishes?
A: You will find that I use salt sparingly if not at all in most of my recipes, this is due to health benefits as well as for the desired preference of allowing the salt that comes already naturally with in the food to speak for itself. I do use pure salt for green fried plantains, and some of my own homemade salad dressings, but hardly ever in the main dishes. The seasonings I choose, Adobo for one example, has enough salt to compliment the dishes, also cayenne, or any other pepper is my desired complimentary seasoning of choice, but be careful with using too much of this as well, as you might find discomfort in your rectum if you eat to much (based on real medical facts). Overall you will find that my dishes do not lack in flavor and zest, and this is the key to choosing the right ingredients and cooking to satisfy your pallette as well as your body. Shown above are benefits of one of my favorite seasonings that I use for almost everything: Garlic.

Your pal on the healthy track,
Ingrid S.

P.S.  My mission  is to inform and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, not to monoplolize the industry. I do not make any money by endorsing the web-sites shown on this page.
 

Comments

Popular Posts